This time, World’s tallest Ravana effigy in Panchkula will set another record. This is claimed to be the ‘world’s tallest’ Ravana ever. Let’s have a look at the highlights about this tallest Ravana in Tricity:
Know more about World’s tallest Ravana effigy in Panchkula :
- The face of Ravana alone weighs 300 kilograms and is made of fiberglass.
- With 7,000 kilograms of bamboo, 200 kilograms of gum, 600 kilograms of paper and cloth and 20 quintals of iron frame, the Ravana effigy is being designed at a cost of Rs 30 lakh.
- The work is in progress to design the 50-foot-long sword, 30-foot-long footwear and 30-foot-high crown of the Ravana.
- Although Dussehra will be celebrated on October 19, the effigy will be displayed from October 15 onwards for people.
- Furthermore, the height is of 215 feet and will be on display for five days.
- The venue to burn the Ravana is shifted to Panchkula and that too with an increased height of the effigy. The event will be held at Shalimar ground, Sector 5.
- From knee to shoulder, the height of his body would be around 85-foot.
- The arms of the effigy will be around 40 feet high.
The organizers are putting in so much for making this event memorable. It will be celebrated as Panchkula Dusshera Mahotsav 2018 this year. Thus with such huge preparation, the Ravana effigy will not be displayed only for a few hours but for five days.
Get ready Tricity! Let the good win over evil!