Asian Games 2018 is bringing many proud moments by Indian teams and athletes. Seems like the game is getting stronger at medal tally is reaching 59. The Indians are unfolding onto the victory of 13 golds, young achievements and setting new records at the 2018 Asian Games. With many such proud moments, sports is gaining more interest by the youth of the country.
Some highlights of Day-12 at Asian Games 2018 :
Jinson Johnson secured the gold in the men’s 1500 meters event. Setting a record of 3 minutes and 44.72 seconds he took the yellow metal. Following this proud victory, India also won gold in the women’s 4X400 meter event. The girl’s teams comprising Hima Das, Raju Poovamma, Saritaben Laxmanbhai Gayakwad and Vismaya Koroth proved the women power with their achievement. Registering a time of 3 minutes and 28.72 seconds they proved their true worth and hard work.
India also clinched the silver medal in the men’s 4X400 meter event. Seema Punia established her space in the women’s discus throw event by winning the bronze medal.
Summarizing Day 12 :
- Men’s 1,500m: Jinson Johnson bags gold.
- Women’s 4x400m: India clinches gold. (Hima Das, Saritaben Gayakwad, Poovamma Raju and Vismaya)
- Men’s 4x400m: Silver for India. (Kunhu Muhammed, Muhammed Anas, Arokia Rajiv and Dharun Ayyasamy)
- Discus throw: Seema Punia wins the bronze medal.
- Women’s 1,500m: Chitra Unnikrishnan wins the bronze medal.
- Table Tennis: Mouma Das bows out in the Round of 32 of women’s singles.
- Equestrian: Medal chances unlikely in the jumping individual final.
- Volleyball: India finishes 12th in volleyball after losing to Myanmar 3-2.
- Hockey: India loses to Malaysia in the men’s semifinal.
- No major wins for India in cycling, judo, and canoe today.